Thursday, April 22, 2010

Buying Spiegelau Vino Grande Cabernet/Merlot/Bordeaux Wine Glasses (Set of 6


I love these glasses, and just bought my 2nd set of 6 (@$53) from Amazon 4 1/2 years after I bought my first set ($45 in '04). I broke all 6 through careless handling and overly vigorous hand-washing, so it's important to note they are somewhat delicate, but glassware of this quality and beauty is always going to be delicate and besides, they aren't as delicate as Riedel. I've also been able to put these in the dishwasher without breakage, but the manufacturer doesn't recommend that, so do likewise with caution.

For me, the bottom line is these are elegantly and beautifully designed in the classic style of Bordeaux glasses and made available at a bargain price compared to the Riedel, which actually bought out the Spiegelau company. They are affordable, functional and beautiful. So for that, I love this product. Although I purchased in June @ $53 and am disappointed that they are now $65, that's still just under $11 per glass, and I have to say I still would buy these. 5 stars for affordable proper Bordeaux glasses.
Get more detail about Spiegelau Vino Grande Cabernet/Merlot/Bordeaux Wine Glasses (Set of 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment