Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tritan Diva Chardonnay / White Burgundy Wine Glasses (Set of 6 Get it now!


I am a serious wine collector and have owned several sets of crystal stemware over the last 25 years. I was drawn to the Schott Z. products because they are very attractive and I was interested in the break resistent advantage.

I bought this set of 6 Pinot glasses and now 16 months later, there are just two left. These, however, faired better than the Bordeaux glasses; all 6 of them shattered. Not a single one ever hit the floor, nor did even one get toppled over. They (10 of my 12) met far gentler, but very premature, ends

My first two broke in my dishwasher - nothing ever broke in that ASKO dishwasher before. Well, at least they were together when they died - although that's not much consolation for the $30 I had invested in that pair.

So, I thought that I had no option but to wash them by hand - just as I have always done with crystal stem ware. That claimed the next 8 glasses. By now I suspect that you might formulate a mental image of me as some ham-fisted spastic who was simply too rough with them. There has not been much over the years to suggest that it is so, but perhaps it could be argued.

Also, I did not break all 8 though myself, my wife shattered a couple, our adult son, and a couple of friend all had the same experience. While rinsing them out with our bare hands under running water - they simply imploded. I am grateful that no one was hurt. Even after we were all aware that glasses had shattered in the hands of the individual who was washing them at the time, none the less, they kept shattering. Maybe one or two, but when everyone was aware and being especially cautious, they kept on breaking.

I still have complete sets of R***el crystal stem ware from up to 25 years ago. Nome of them ever shattered in my hand. I even use my dishwasher to clean their "O" stemless wine glasses without a single casualty. The only ones that broke, did so by hitting the cruel floor or being back-handed and toppling over.

Schott will be gone. They deserve to be. Do yourself a favor. Select some other stemware.Get more detail about Tritan Diva Chardonnay / White Burgundy Wine Glasses (Set of 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment