Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Discount Riedel Sommeliers Montrachet/Chardonnay, Single Stem


Yes, Riedel Sommeliers Glasses are very thin and seemingly fragile. However, we purchased 8 glasses in 2003 (not from Amazon, unfortunately) and until last week had five left. Then, I turned into a clutz and broke one in the sink -- hand wash, always hold on to the bowl of the glass -- and even being careful, I broke one. Then, I knocked one off the counter -- even my canning jars would not have withstood the trip to the floor. I do not remember how the first three glasses were broken -- the breakage happened in their first year in our possession -- long time gone.
Now, here's the proof of the pudding -- we love the shape of the Montrachet/Chard glass and use our glasses 365 days per year for what ever wine we are drinking. Yes, wine for dinner every night, in glasses we love to touch! We have no other wine glasses -- and having gotten below dinner for four -- I started to shop. I read the reviews and decided someone should attest to the durability of these glasses.
We use our Sommeliers Glasses daily. They move from the dining room to the kitchen with me as I cook. On occasion, they go outside to the grill (in my hand). No worries! I wash them, one at a time, without the glass ever leaving my hand.
Feel the feather-weight touch of the glass in your hand and care for it appropriately.
We were once wine glass snobs and had glasses for each wine we enjoyed. Then, we settled on the shape of the Montrachet glass. Better, in our minds, to have one perfect glass to put even a Pommard or a Chateau Neuf du Pape in, than six possible cheaper glasses of the supposedly correct shape. Buy one versitile glass, (the Montracet/Chard glass is great at $65.00 per stem) rather than six glasses at $20.00 per stem.Get more detail about Riedel Sommeliers Montrachet/Chardonnay, Single Stem.

No comments:

Post a Comment