Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Save Spiegelau Vino Grande Champagne, Set of 2


I am wine collector w a sommeliers diploma - so I've done a lot of tastings over the past 20 years. Obviously the top league is held by Riedel - the old guy did his research on glass shapes (although debatable whether optimal for every varietal).
I find the Spiegelau's better value for money in the long run.

Pro's:
1. Thicker and more durable than Riedels. I used to wash Riedels in a dishwasher - some breakages resulted. The Spiegelaus are tougher.
2. Specific to the champagne flutes - I find the overall balance of the glasses very good. They are stylish, yet still functional in that the closing tulip preserves the flavors.

Cons:
1. Not Riedel?

Great value - good for every day use, but will still serve as excellent tasting glasses.

Recommended.Get more detail about Spiegelau Vino Grande Champagne, Set of 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment