Saturday, June 12, 2010

Riedel Vinum Syrah Glasses, Set of 2


Syrah is my favorite red (shiraz is the same grape, just a different spelling). I held off buying these glasses for a while, making do with other styles and shapes. Now that I have them, I feel complete. Syrah has such big, fruity aromas, it really needs a large glass. Still, a tapered mouth piece is essential, because Syrah tends towards the more delicate berry fruits, rather than the richer stone fruits like the plum notes in Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. These glasses are perfect, especially for capturing the aroma. Syrah also has some of the most beautifully colored legs of any wine (I know they don't contribute to flavor, but they are fun to look at), so it's nice to have a long bowl to appreciate their full display. Say what you want about Riedel, no one makes a better glass, and this is one of the highlights of my collection.Get more detail about Riedel Vinum Syrah Glasses, Set of 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment